Professional Criteria for famillies apart project
|GETTING SUPPORT||REFERRING FAMILIES||PROFESSIONAL REFERRALS TO FAMILIES APART||PROTOCOL||E-BULLETINS|
Professionals may make referrals to the project for:
- Parents with a partner/ ex- partner in prison.
- Families with a young person/sibling in prison.
- Grandparent's who are caring for child with parent/sibling/other close relative in prison.
- "Looked after children" with a parent/sibling/other close relative in prison.
- Families with a close relative in prison overseas.
- Young person with parent/sibling/other close relative in prison.
- Themselves/other professionals: Families Apart workers will accept referrals to support professionals throughout their work with a prisoner family should the family not wish to engage with the project or if is deemed not appropriate.
- Families who do not wish to maintain contact with family member in prison.
- A referral to the project may be made at any stage of the sentence, and we will work with families to prepare for release.
A referral to the project may be made by telephoning Families Apart on 020 8546 3258. The project has two workers available to take your call Monday to Thursday 9.30am - 3.30pm. Workers will gather information about the family and facilitate an initial meeting with you and the family. If support is appropriate this may commence within one week of the initial meeting.
Families Apart team.
Welcare House, 53-55 Canbury Park Road, Kingston, KT2 6LQ