Support for Prisoner Families
|GETTING SUPPORT||REFERRING FAMILIES||PROFESSIONAL REFERRALS TO FAMILIES APART||PROTOCOL||E-BULLETINS|
If you have a close relative in prison we can support you in a variety of ways:
- Offer you practical advice regarding finances, visiting prison, housing, employment etc
- Provide you with useful books for you, your imprisoned relative and children ranging in themes from ‘Staying in Touch' to ‘What to tell the children’.
- Help with contacting and talking to the Prison, Probation Officer’s etc
- Offer you emotional support sessions to get you through the tough times.
- Offer you support sessions for your children to express and manage difficult feelings brought about as a direct impact of having a parent/close relative in prison.
- Provide you with support when you need it throughout the prison sentence from pre-sentence to post release.
- We can support you and your family in all these ways even if you are no longer/do not want to have contact with your family member in prison.
To receive help just call 020 8546 3258 during office hours or leave a message and a Families Apart worker will get in touch with you as soon as possible.