Kingston WelCare has vacancies on its committee for individual with specfic skills that will compliment the existing team.
If you are intrested in the work of Kingston WelCare and would like to get involved, We would initially invite you to come along and see the project in action, or contact the Cmmittee Chair for an informal chat.
PROCEDURE FOR APPOINTMENT OF TRUSTEES AND COMMITTEE MEMBERS
1. After an initial expression of interest the chair or delegated trustee will arrange to meet with the person to give information about WelCare and discuss their interest. If not already done they will be given written information, e.g., current business plan and programme. As appropriate they will formally be invited to attend a committee meeting, an event in the House or meet with the Manager.
2. A record of this, and any subsequent meetings, will be kept.
3. If we both wish to go ahead they will be asked to complete the Committee Member Profile/Application form.
4. They will be asked for the names of two referees who will be contacted by the Chair, either in writing or in person. If the latter a record to be made of the conversation.
5. An Enhanched DBS for both Adults and Children will be required for all applicants.
6. The Committee will be asked to agree their appointment until the next AGM when they will be nominated by two members and the appointment voted on at the AGM.